Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sorry, no pics

Just a quick note of what went on in our life. Because it is a quick note, there is no pictures. Sorry!

Two weeks ago, we went to Provo to watch a nephew get baptized. Kennan was asked to say the closing prayer and McKenzie was asked to do a musical number. It was quite interesting. Down in that stake, they do ward baptisms at a stake level. So there were two families involved. Two cute boys ready to accept the baptism. Just before the meeting was to take place, in a five minute period, I heard 6 cell phones go off. Amazing that people want to be contacted in a Church. Cell phones have taken over the world, just like the computer has.

The night before, we as a family, went to a Brazillian restaurant. The food was okay. I've tasted better, but because my birthday was coming up, my meal was free. Yes, for freeeeeeeeeee! (Need to watch a movie to get that last little bit, you know, Bedtime Stories).

Well now the most important stuff. This past weekend, it being my 37th birthday, we went to the NCAA Men's Volleyball championships at BYU. It was great. The semifinals were fun to watch (UCI over Ohio State and USC upset win over Penn St.). The next day, Ellen and I went to the Timpanogas (however you spell it) Temple. It was packed, but it was worth it. Then Ellen and Kandyce went wedding shopping and McKenzie, Kennan, and I went and watched Star Trek. You have to be a real trekkie to get the little sayings that were done. Apparently there was me and two other people who laughed at the little sayings. Good movie, don't take kids, too much swearing. Later in the evening, we took Derrick and Sheila out for supper. Derrick then asked Kennan if he wanted to watch the NBA game with the Lakers and Rockets. Of course Kennan said yes. He had a lot of fun at their house.

The next day we went to the championship match and watched a 5 game thriller win by UCI over USC. I got to talk with USC's coach before the match. He just happened by and smiled and said hello and I started blabbing on about his team and he was cordial enough to listen to my babblings. Had the opportunity to visit with Carl McGown and his wife, Susan and also their sons Paul (whom I haven't seen for over 5 years) and Chris (who was the announcer at the game). Just a great week of volleyball which makes me excited for volleyball to start. Also got to see my 6'9" nephew who will be playing for BYU next year in basketball. What a funny kid.

Today is Mother's Day. Mom came out and had dinner with us. Kandyce made the dinner and it was luscious. I really appreciate mom for what she has done for me and also my wife and the example she is for me.

That is it for now. When I have more time and my thoughts are more organized, I'll post again.

1 comment:

Shari Davis said...

Seriously Dad!?!?!? 37?!?!?! Come on, how old are you REALLY!??! lol Glad to see updates. Love and miss you guys like crazy!