Friday, August 1, 2008

Been Awhile

Okay, so it has been awhile since we've posted last. Things just come up and I'm still reeling from the news that Shari is going to have twins. On Ben & Shari's blog, Ben mentioned how fast news can be spread. Well you know to get information out there quickly you use the two "tele" forms of communication, "telephone" and "tell a woman". (Kennan forced me to put that in.)

Just to catch you up on what has been happening in the Thompson household, Bill had the Wyoming Coaches Clinic in Casper on July 23 thru July 26. He and Ellen went and had a great time. Bill is on the Wyoming Coaches Board of Directors. He is representing volleyball and he had to plan for the clinic. He got Jeremiah Larsen, a young coach from Southeast Missouri State to come and do the clinic. Bill also received his 20 year coaching award. Yes, he is an old coach now. He also had to stay for the volleyball all-star match. Camille Petersen played in the match. When he got home, he had to go to Mesquite, Nevada with Kandyce to do a volleyball camp. If Shari thinks that 105 is hot, how about 112!!! for all four days of the camp!! The camp sessions were early in the morning so that the heat of the day wouldn't hurt the girls. They had fun.

This past week Ellen, McKenzie, and Kennan have been getting the lambs ready for fair which starts next week. They had to sheer the sheep and wash them and all that fun stuff. Bill and Ellen took their new camper up to the fair and picked out a nice spot to stay in. They should have a lot of fun up there. Last year they stayed in a tent and it rained and flooded them out. This year should be different.

Brady is doing most excellent on his mission. He is officially been out for more than one year. He is a district leader and has to go to district meetings every Friday in Riga. He has a new mission president who is making some changes. Brady tells his missionaries about the changes and he said they just whine, so he got mad at them and told them that if they will obey the new rules, they will have success. He has some baptisms lined up for this new month.

Sorry we have no new pictures to show. Once Lilli left, there was no use taking pictures of old people.

5 comments:

bre said...

Holy cow dad! 20 YEARS? I didn't know it had been that long. Geeze, you're getting old! :) JK that's awesome. Congrats! I also didn't know that Camille was in the all-star match...maybe i did, but I just forgot. That's pretty cool. You need to take more pictures. Come on. you do realize that kennan and kenzie aren't THAT old...you and mom might be, but not them! (haha, jk again!) you're not that old! Anyway. it's good to hear from you guys. it had been a while. Love ya!

M&M-Maloy said...

Congrats Bill!! and all you people out there that think 105 and 112 is hot. Just come visit me in Phoenix. Actually you should come visit me in Phoenix, It's not that bad!!

Love you all.

Shari Davis said...

Congrats Daddyo! Just so you know, Lilli really misses you guys. Whenever she gets on her play phone, she always says that she's talking to Nana or Papa. And she always prays for you and Nana. She'll say, "N Thank you m Papa. N Thank you m Nana." It's so cute!!!!! We all miss you!! Love you guys!!

bre said...

So, I'm glad that other people have said they wouldn't recommend that book...I thought for a while I was the only one, and I felt kinda silly because there are some crazy weirdos out there when it comes to those books. I'll have to tell you about it sometime. but that's nice to know! :) That's just how I felt about it...lol, oh well. It's just a stupid book. Hope you guys are well. POST SOME MORE!!!

Lindsay said...

Hi Thompsons! Thanks for commenting on my blog Ellen, we are doing well, but I do miss being around in Cokeville too! I get homesick a lot! Anyway, I hope things are going well with your family! How is Brady doing?! Tell Coach Bill hi for me! I miss playing volleyball for him a lot! But I will be going to lots of BYU volleyball games this season, both men and women..it keeps me from going insane with the lack of volleyball! :-) Anyway, hope things are well for you all!